The house kit consists of the building panels for the walls and the roof, the roof beams, Marvin energy-star low-e windows and doors, the siding material, the roofing material, and the fasteners required to put the house together.
Eco-friendly: Our house is created from high-tech structural/insulated building panels made of steel and expanded polystyrene. The 5 ½’’ wall panels have an effective R-value of 33. The 7 ½” roof panels have an effective R-value of 49. Because the panels come pre-cut, there is virtually no construction waste.
Affordable: The panels come pre-cut with window and door openings ready to receive the windows and doors, significantly reducing labor costs. The octagonal shape and the energy-efficiency of the house makes it inexpensive to heat and cool.
Easy to Assemble: The panels weigh about 50 pounds each. They are light enough to be handled by one person and a breeze for two people. The panels are screwed together with self-tapping screws. The construction crew that built our first house put up all the first floor panels in ninety minutes.
What It Includes
- Pre-cut steel and expanded polystyrene building panels for walls and roof
- All hardware and fasteners needed to assemble panels
- Marvin Integrity windows and doors
- Georgia Pacific Ply-Bead or T-111 siding (unpainted)
- Traditional 5V galvanized metal roofing
- Structural components for the loft and roof support
- AdvanTech subflooring for loft
What It Costs
The current base price for the OLU kit is $35,000, plus shipping. The buyer provides a foundation or cement pad (we supply the specs), as well as the interior finishes, including electric and plumbing. The finished cost will depend upon many factors including cost of living for your region, the expense level of your finishes, and your resourcefulness in both finding supplies and recruiting labor.
- Sign contract and pay depositSculptorhouse will at this point initiate the manufacturing process for your kit and will send you an assembly manual and architectural drawings with specifications for constructing the foundation
- Prepare slab or foundation/subfloorAccording to our specifications
- Complete payment for kitSculptorhouse will at this point arrange for the delivery of kit materials
- Build the houseAssemble building panels, construct loft and install roof beams; install roof panels; insert windows and doors
- Finish UpInstall the siding and the roofing
- Kit Complete!Finish interior according to your wishes; plumbing, electrical, drywall, cabinetry, appliances.